• jj_catholicjj_catholic
    hi to all,
    im new to this forum and im glad i stumbled upon this site.
    2 years ago, a catholic group in Shilong, India sent me an email expressing their desire to sing one of my song setting. for those of you who wants to listen i have attached it here but the quality is not that great because i have to reduce the file size.
    Ave Verum was originally done in SATB but they have to modify it a bit.
    thanks and i hope you like it.

jj.
  • chonakchonak
    Congratulations on getting such interest in your work from so far away!

As a suggestion: in setting a text to music, try to be conscious of where words have their accented syllables. There are a couple of words in the text ("immolatum", "praegustatum") usually accented on the third syllable, but your setting places the emphasis on the second syllable of each (in the soprano and tenor voices). This makes them less understandable when sung.

God bless!
    Thanked by 1jj_catholic
  • Priestboi
    Looks lovely. will print it out and play though it after university today. I really need to get back into the composition scene. Feeling inspired all of a sudden! I see a need for 2 part works for male chorus/schola. Any texts I should be considering?
    Thanked by 1jj_catholic
  • Priestboi,

Yes, if you've got 2 voices. Try, from the propers for the feast day of St. Therese of Lisieux, "Circumduxit...." I've been thinking of trying my hand at it, and see a canon of some kind.