Eugene Lindusky--Tricinia collection
  • Heath
    This collection of TTB stuff was mentioned in a previous thread, so I grabbed it through inter-library loan. It's a wonderful collaboration! What is the process for bugging WLP to allow it into the public domain so it could be scanned?

Basically it's a collection of TTB motets by Victoria, Palestrina and Festa for use throughout the liturgical year. Anyway, it would be a great resource and it's currently nearly impossible to find.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    There's usually not a process for bugging people- if there were a process, it wouldn't be bugging.
  • Isn't it wonderful, Heath! I grew up on it. There is also an English version. I have multiple copies of both.
  • incantuincantu
    Since this was published in 1962, the copyright is expired unless it was renewed prior to 1990 (which is unlikely).
  • Heath
    Well, I e-mailed Jerry Galipeau at WLP, but waiting to hear back.

Incantu, what is the exact cutoff year? I thought it was more like 75 years . . .

Paul, if we're in the clear, would you be willing to sacrifice one copy of each for the good of the cause? I just *love* the idea of these being available to the masses!
  • ClemensRomanusClemensRomanus
    The English version intrigues me. Would a couple of sample pages be okay to post?
  • The copyright was renewed in 1990. Copyright office record reads in part:
    Registration Number / Date: RE0000525675 / 1990-12-10
    Renewal registration for: EP0000168208 / 1962-06-29
    Title: Hymns for the church year and the common of saints. For 3 equal voices. Editing, compilation & restoration: Eugene Lindusky.
    Series: Tricinia sacra, 16th century polyphony, v. 1
    Copyright Claimant: Eugene Lindusky (A)
    Basis of Claim: New Matter: editing, compilation & restoration.
  • Heath
    John, that's unfortunate news . . . but thanks. Still waiting to hear from WLP; I know Jerry is currently on vacation.