Identify Easter Hymns/Instrumentals
  • Hi everyone and Happy Easter!

During our service this morning, I recorded a few pieces in which I did not know the arranger/title or other details of the music which were quite different! (especially the "Instrumental 1 and 2" versions). I would greatly appreciate the help in identifying these pieces (arranger/composer), where I can find them to purchase and/or if someone has any pdfs or has posted them any where.

Many Blessings,
    Donna
  • The Christians to the Paschal Victim version is found in OCP. The others I can't seem to identify...any one want to take a crack at these? These are quite different indeed and even I'm curious to find what they are!
    Thanked by 1angelgirl1151
  • Thank you both! Any luck with the others? I really appreciate the help everyone :) It was a beautiful mass
  • Still looking for help identifying these pieces, especially the instrumental if possible..
  • chonakchonak
    Have you had any luck asking the music director?
  • ZacPB189ZacPB189
    The instrumental is a piece by Richard Strauss called "Feierlicher Einzug der Ritter des Johanniter-Ordens".
  • Thank you Zac! I will look that up after I type this!

chonak: No, he was a visitor from out of town and there's no way to reach him--the ensemble was paid just for that day! :(
  • ZacPB189ZacPB189
    You're welcome! :) Here's the IMSLP link to save you the trouble: http://imslp.org/wiki/Feierlicher_Einzug,_TrV_224_(Strauss,_Richard)
    There's no organ part in the score, but most recordings include one.
  • Thanks again Zac! Any luck identifying the others? Really would like to find the other pieces as well, Piece 4 was quite different too!