Modern Notation for Easter Sequence
  • Does anybody have the Easter Sequence in modern notation or neumes (but modern is better). I lost mine and I'm panicked. Thanks.
  • CharlesW
    I have it from a WLP missalette, but that's all.

Actually, now that I look. I also have one with accompaniment. It is for an English, OF mass. Private message me and provide an e-mail address, and I will scan it for you.
  • BenBen
    check many hymnals. It's often there.
  • jpal
    Thanks to JMO:
    Neumes
    Accompaniment/modern

I found those at this excellent site, which I use on a weekly basis.

Here is another:
    Fr. Weber: modern/Latin/English
  • Here is the sequence in modern notation with both the English and Latin text
    Easter Sequence.jpg
    2065 x 2827 - 771K
    Thanked by 1jpal
  • You guys are such a blessing! Praise God, and thanks a bunch!
  • SkirpRSkirpR
    Hey Rob--

I think in English, the word "gloriously" was intended to be sung in three syllables, "glo-rious-ly" - but that is helpful to have.
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    We have long ago penciled in the slur for "glor'-ous-ly". The official books seem to have little sympathy for singers: we also change the opening ".. to the Paschal victim offer your grateful praises." The Missal Exultet last night had numerous examples of over-hyphenization, and this morning I again had to explain that, while Californians say "iz-real", the 3 syllable version in Guimont calls for British "iz ray ell" rather than the "iss rye uhl" that we occasionally hear from midwestern lectors.