Christmas Carols - Brass, Strings, and Flutes Parts Needed

• Does anyone know of any good complete collections, packets, books, etc... that would have parts for brass and strings, as well as flute, for Christmas carols. Our pastor has asked that the pre-midnight Mass be filled with Christmas carols, and congregational singing, but allowing for the option of having a brass, strings and flutes to accompany. I am searching out any potential collections that might incorporate the standard christmas carols.

Thanks in advance!
  • http://www.lastresortmusic.com

Playable, nicely done...add instruments as needed, parts compatible with keyboards - many ensembles use these for gigs.
    Thanked by 1ContraBombarde
  • The old Theodore Presser "Play a song of Christmas" works pretty well and also has chorus and handbell parts available.

(example:)
    Play A Song Of Christmas 35 Favorite Christmas Songs And Carols In Easy Arrangements
    by John Wainwright, Luther-Spilman, Arranged by Ruth L. Zimmerman
    Item Number:
    416-41030
    Instrumentation: Tenor Saxophone
    Format: PART(S)
    Price: $7.95
    Thanked by 1ContraBombarde
  • Thanks guys, I am definitely going to take a look at both of those. This is the first time I have had to do purely Christmas carols with brass and no anthems. Fortunately, the mass setting we use has the parts for brass quintet and strings quartet. I have just never come across any collections for just Christmas Carols with brass/strings together.