Credo, Domine
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    I'd even be content with a credo in English, but I still don't think it will fly. The're ok with the simple Kyrie and Agnus Dei. Sanctus was a bit of a stretch. I then introduced the Gloria (de Angelis). Of course a few people loved it and most were seemingly indiferent, but there were enough complaints to earn me a trip to the pastor's office.
  • BenBen
    Exactly, Gavin. It may be oversung in places where chant is used, but I'll take Jubilate Deo or the missal chants any day over the Mass of Devastation.
  • ghmus7
    I like the idea (suggested by whom I don't recall) that we sing the credo III in English, the USCB version.
  • here is a link I hope it works. It is the english version.
    http://www.annusfidei.va/content/novaevangelizatio/en/annus-fidei/inno-musicale.html
    This is the offical hymn for the year of the faith. Verses alittle different than what has been posted. You can copy it also.
  • I note that the (Nicene) Creed is the Official Prayer of the Year of Faith. That might be a good excuse to sing it instead of the Official Song.

(Up here in Canada it might be a good excuse to actually say it occasionally...)
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • canadashcanadash
    We say it... and yep, I'm in Canada!