Is anybody else having issues with the forum?
  • ryandryand
    It has been very temperamental this last week or so. Chonak mentioned that it might be an issue with the hosting/parent website. I'm not blaming him for this at all ... just curious if the issue is with my computer/internet or if others are still having problems accessing this site (as was the case a few days ago).

I seem to be able to get around the rest of the 'net just fine. Maybe we need to look for a new website to host the forum since whatever we're on seems unreliable?
  • CharlesW
    O yes, the problems are real. I am having difficulty with it, too. The forces of hell are arrayed against us! I am sure NPM is behind it. ;-)
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen tomboysuze
  • E_A_FulhorstE_A_Fulhorst
    Quickly!

"Do you reject Oregon Catholic Press and all its works?"

(In other words, I'm having problems, too.)
    Thanked by 1Gavin
  • CharlesW
    Thus, cursed demon
    and every diabolical publisher, we adjure you.
    Cease to deceive human creatures,
    and to give to them the Poison of Eternal Perdition.
  • CharlesW
    I would like to be able to turn off the auto save feature on drafts. It often saves things I don't want saved. Then I can't get rid of them.
  • canadashcanadash
    Yes, it is very slow. There was a point, last week, when I couldn't get in at all for a couple of days. Thanks for asking.
  • expeditus1
    I just naturally assumed that the problem was a personal rejection of myself, and was heard to groan, "WHY ME!!?"
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • chonakchonak
    @CharlesW, To get rid of any drafts you don't want to save, go to the main forum page, and click on the "My Drafts" button. That will take to a list of all your saved drafts. Each one has an "X" in the upper-right corner of its box: clicking there will delete the item.

Really, it's phenomenal that we have gotten along with the forum and the CMAA website for such a long time in the current (low-cost) web hosting account. Alas, the hosting company's server is overloaded, and they don't offer an upgrade path. JT has given me the OK to move the website to another service where I expect the response time will be better, so I just have to plan the move and do it; however, another CMAA project is in the queue ahead of it.
  • BenBen
    Ironically, I wasn't able to load this thread this afternoon when I tried. :D
  • francis
    have you considered 1and1

it is always very slow
  • CharlesW
    I don't see a "my drafts" button anywhere.
  • Kathy
    It was unusually slow yesterday.

CharlesW's prayer reminds me of St. Teresa of Avila's processional chant to ward off bugs in her nuns' woolen garments. Only now it's the internet.
  • chonakchonak
    CharlesW, here's an image of the "My Drafts" button:

If there are no drafts saved in your account, the button is not displayed.
    Thanked by 1Gavin
  • CharlesW
    That explains why I am not seeing it. Thanks!