Here's someone who doesn't use Solesmes Method...
  • OlbashOlbash
    ...but you can't tell me that this isn't authentic prayer.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Soulblackout

(SORRY, JEFFREY. THIS SHOULD WORK NOW.)
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    for some reason, I can't see any videos in there. Right link?
  • I got it via Google. I agree that it's authentic prayer. I only question why one would film oneself in a private devotional act. Is there instructional value in doing so?
  • Beth
    I had to copy and paste in browser,
    Who says you can't be cool and sing chant too!
    Although the scooping bothers me alot.
    Good for him
    Wow, love it! You know, this music is so wonderful, the melodies so pretty, that they hold up under many styles and approaches. It would be a real killer to say that they can only be sung one way and in one context. That makes no sense.

He is another that is really nice.
  • incantuincantu
    Arsis-thesis-arsis-thesis...
  • GavinGavin
    Isn't it great to see someone that into chant? You can tell, he's not just singing it, he's loving it!
    Yeah, it's fantastic. I know that I do this all the time, carry a chant melody around with me and turn it around in my head a thousand different ways and play with it mentally this way and that way -- privatize it and own it and make it my own. I really admire this guy for posting his own understanding of this music.
  • OlbashOlbash
    I just love how he's presented the chant in everyday street clothes, using vocal technique that resembles the popular music of our culture. I wonder how many young people have stumbled upon a video like this and said to themselves, "Yeah, I like that." (That, RN, I think is the real value of throwing personal devotion like this on yt.) The chant belongs to everyone!
  • Jan
    This is great. Add a few more guys and you've got a nice little schola going. I'll bet his voice would blend well!