professional conductor/singer UK/USA nationality seeks USA trad Catholic position
  • richardUKrichardUK
    Professional conductor/countertenor with UK/US nationality, St Olaf College graduate, have spent 17 years in the UK (currently living in Winchester) singing with some of the top professional choirs and early music groups in the London area, as well as conducting a professional chamber choir of young British singers. Have studied choral conducting with David Hill and Andrew Lumsden. I'm looking for a new chapter in my life, a liturgical music position in a traditional Roman Catholic parish in the USA where I can work with like-minded people and build something truly beautiful. I'm also a voice coach and arranger and I've had success in developing various commercial projects with young vocal ensembles. Was artistic director/administrator of a successful UK early music festival between 1998 and 2005. Am also an occasional guest-conductor of the St Cecilia Choir at St John Cantius Church in Chicago. As well as conducting traditional Catholic music, I would like to continue to sing professionally with any good groups in the USA. Would prefer to be in California or the southwest USA but will relocate anywhere. Full resume and references available on request. Please write to Richard Childress on: richard@paradisum.net