Looking for a contact in New Hampshire
  • David AndrewDavid Andrew
    If you live/work in the Manchester/Nashua area of New Hampshire, please drop me an e-mail. I have a couple of questions I need to ask.

My address appears on the member list.

Thanks.
  • OlbashOlbash
    Some of the guys in my schola sing in an EF schola at St. Patrick's in Nashua. Richard Chonak (who sings regularly in Nashua) and I will be at the colloquium in Chicago.

I'm also aware thatthe Manchester cathedral job is open - I'm currently digging for more information and would be happy to share whatever I find.

olbash at post. harvard. edu
  • chonakchonak
    I've passed David's message along to a couple of organists in the area.

Best wishes--
    --RC
  • PaixGioiaAmorPaixGioiaAmor
    I take it that Olbash has not found any more info?
    Thanks for those who have helped. I was looking into the Manchester cathedral job, but after some further research have decided not to pursue it. Unfortunately the salary being offered is well below a living wage, so I can't consider it.

As the job was on a different site altogether, it is worth mentioning that the salary range being offered is substandard ($30-$45,000) given the expectations (multiple Masses and multiple ensembles, including the diocesan choir). According to information provided to me by the rector of the cathedral parish, the diocese is offering no financial assistance for the hiring of a full-time (40+ hours) position in it's own cathedral. Another suggestive fact is that the current bishop of this particular diocese is John B. McCormack.

Of course, anyone interested in the position should investigate it for themselves. I thought that these facts (not rumors or innuendos) may shed light and save some folks the time.
  • PaixGioiaAmorPaixGioiaAmor
    I do not wish to invite mudslinging ... however, could you shed some light on your comment about bishop McCormack?

The reason I ask is that I did some research online, as did you and probably some others. Based on what I found, I thought that bishop McCormack sounded more on the conservative side rather than the liberal side. Did I get it wrong?
    I think this is where the line must be drawn. If there are others who wish to weigh in, feel free.

All I will say is there are a number of very troubling news items (found on the internet) regarding Bishop McCormack's involvement in the sex abuse scandal while serving as auxilliary bishop under Cardinal Law in the Boston diocese.