Treat your ears and heart to this!
  • The latest creation of the Collegeville Composers Group: http://tinyurl.com/3porgbx

Easter blessings,
    Paul
  • Kathy
    I really wish I hadn't clicked on this, with the irreplaceable chant of the Victimae Paschali haunting me from the whole morning of Masses. I don't mean any offense, but this kind of setting is a poor substitute for the real thing. Why gild the lily (pun intended)?

I'm going to go sing the chant some more and hope that my sensibilities are able to revive.
  • I intended no offense, Kathy. I guess I am blessed to hear both on their own terms and neither drives out the other.

I actually favor the Easter gospel acclamation over this version of the sequence.

I'll pray that you forget this immediately.
  • Kathy
    Well, maybe I should listen again when I'm less full of actual chant. And then also, maybe I don't understand the intention. On the recording, there is no congregation--one has to imagine when the people would sing, which would make a difference with this music I suppose.

Noel's clip shows the right idea, I think. If you're going to change something astounding, you have to improve it!