Noteworthy Composer for Mac
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Is anyone FURIOUS like I am there is not currently a Noteworthy Composer for Mac ??
  • A real blast from the past... Noteworthy was the very first music typesetting program I ever used many years ago.

Version for Mac? I'm not too bothered. To be honest, I find the output of Noteworthy lacking.

On my Mac, I've got the current version of Finale, Sibelius, Igor & Score. I also have the past 5 or so versions of Finale installed. I run Igor & Score in VmWare Fusion. I use Score for almost all engraving I do, Finale for orchestration, Igor for fun and Sibelius for compatibility's sake.

Marc
  • Is there any program that converts:

NWC
    and/or
    CAPELLA

into XML or SIB of Finale?
  • JMO loves the old music....and now the software, too!
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    I would just like to be able to view files from cyberhymnal in noteworthy

but I cannot on a Mac
  • Jeffrey Quick
    That's the thing that makes that whole cyberhymnal project about useless for me too.
  • Is there any program that converts:

NWC
    and/or
    CAPELLA

into XML or SIB of Finale?

According to Recordare (the maker of MusicXML), Capella can directly read/write MusicXML. See here. There is a free NWC -> XML converter available here.

I would just like to be able to view files from cyberhymnal in noteworthy

but I cannot on a Mac

Presuming you have an Intel Mac, why not use VmWare Fusion? You could use VirtualBox, which is free, but I find VmWare Fusion much easier to use. You would need that to run the converter mentioned above also.