Advent Daily Mass December 17,20-23
  • SkirpRSkirpR
    Related to my previous post on Advent Vespers for December 17-23, I've also created simple settings of the Introit and Communion antiphons from the Missal.

The reason I chose the Missal texts is because thy really do coordinate better with the readings for these Masses. The antiphons in the Graduale seem to be a workaround solution, indiscriminately repeating antiphons on Monday and Thursday, Tuesday and Friday, and Wednesday and Saturday of December 17-24 (likely owing to the fact there were not Proper Masses for these days in the EF calendar). Since these antiphons do not appear in the Graduale or the Versus Psalmorum et Canticorum, the choice of verses for the Communion antiphons come from (of all places!) those suggested in the recently leaked 1998 ICEL Sacramentary that was never implemented.

While I'm sure Adam Bartlett would have come up with something much better, I used the psalmtones of the Introit and Communion verses to set the antiphon, and the office psalmtones to set the Communion verses.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B552vQZhPrhpOTEzM2UwMWYtYWY5Mi00YmIxLTk2MjQtYzM1NzIyNzI4OGUz&hl=en&authkey=CPqVjIEI