Introducing The Parish Book of Chant
  • Gilbert
    I noticed that in verse 6 of Veni Veni, in the words "Adonai" and "Sinai", the "ai" in both of them are shown as two syllables, "ah" and "ee", is this the correct way of singing these words, because I've heard and sung them pronounced as one syllable "aye", before. I know how it should sound, if it's latin, but I thought maybe it's different since those are Hebrew words. Two syllables makes more sense to me though.
  • chonakchonak
    Yes, this is the conventional way to treat \"ai\", as two syllables. Also, people should make note to sing \"Israel\" with three syllables wherever it appears.

Let\'s see if I can attach a ZIP file containing all the PDFs... no, it's too big. Here's a link where you can download the whole thing.
  • Mark M.Mark M.
    Right-click, download… right-click, download… right-click, download. Thank you Richard, Jeffrey, and CMAA!
  • francis
    Thank you so much JT (and RR I suspect?)... Thanks to the wonderful resource we have found in the PBC.

Our schola performed

Corde Natus ex Parentis
    Hodie Christus Natus Est
    Resonet in Laudibus

for Christmas at midnight. Gloria in Excelsis Deo! What beautiful music they offered to the Lord to the honor of His glory and for the beautification of the most Holy Sacrifice!