Hymnal of St. Pius X - FREE - digitally scanned
  • Liam
    FYI to viewers:

This is Australian. It's not the Pius X Hymnal on which Ted Marier worked in the USA in the same era.
  • francis
    Yes... the titles are similar, but not the same book.

I have a zip file of all the pages in this one if you want it, I will give you the link. Send me an email request by clicking on my name.

Liam:

I have two copies of the one that Marier worked on and am willing to scan it so everyone can have digital copies. Do you know the status of copyright on that one?
  • There are some very useful things in the Australian one...
  • francis
    Liam

Thanks. Cool database.
  • Maureen
    The "Editor's Note" about how plainsong with children can make the liturgical movement permanent... wow, that hurts.

Well, they were wrong. But they were right, in that everybody who got chant as a kid seems to remember it, and even those of us who came after think that's how it should be; and you get folks like Fr. Weber, too, who really got good stuff out of it and never dropped it.
  • Liam linked but be sure you know how to read this stuff. This one is claim limited: "NM: "new material for the services of Palm Sunday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and the Easter Vigil."
  • francis
    JT... so you are thinking all other matter is free for the taking? if so, i will scan and post.

After reviewing section on Psalm Sunday, it is quite difficult to identify new material.