New header!
  • incantuincantu
    I don't know. Don't you think it's kind of, how can I put this... "churchy"? :)
  • CharlesW
    Why it looks - gasp - Catholic! Is that still allowed? ;-)
  • marymezzomarymezzo
    It looks great. I note you guys are running the site with a wordpress installation. Is the design theme custom? If not, can you say which theme you're using?
  • IanWIanW
    Jeffrey,

This represents a lost opportunity to incorporate something contemporary and more relevant to church as it is now, in the spirit of the Council.

Regards,

Ian.
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    It's a theme called Solitude, but we've hacked it up to the point that it is not really recognizable.

I do take seriously the idea that this header is too "Churchy," if by that the post means too much emphasis on doctrine and not enough on music, which, after all, is the focus of the organization. There is a point to that.
  • marymezzomarymezzo
    My two cents' worth . . . We sing because of Christ, the church, the doctrine. We love the music because we first loved Christ and his church. Without Christ, the foundation, the music is nothing.

I enjoy the religious art you choose for the musicasacra header--and like the fact that the image changes now and then.

Mary

P.S. Thanks for the info on the wordpress theme. I'm hooked on wordpress and always curious.
  • CharlesW
    "Churchy" is good. Without the Church, the music becomes the "sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal" referenced in 1 Corinthians 13:1.