Allen - Missa Cunctipotens Genitor Deus
  • OlbashOlbash
    I'm planning to perform the movements from Kevin Allen's Missa Cunctipotens Genitor Deus as part of the Sunday service at the United Church of Christ in Medfield, Massachusetts on Sunday, October 3, 2010. Has anyone else done this particular setting from Kevin's prolific cataolgue?
  • Michael,
    I've been looking at it with a great deal of interest. I believe that it has been used on several occasions at the Oratory
    of Saint Francis de Sales in Saint Louis. When we get our new/old Holtkamp installed, you'll have to come out.
  • kevin allen is a genius
  • OlbashOlbash
    It went splendidly this morning! I needed to accompany it lightly, since we didn't quite have enough rehearsal, but the music was very well received and it was so satisfying to sing. We also sang the Byrd "Ave Verum," the Vaughan Williams "O Taste and See" and a stunningly beautiful new arrangement of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" by Antony Baldwin from Paraclete Press, plus three sturdy hymns (Abbott's Leigh, Rendez a Dieu, and Kingsfold). Voluntaries by Callahan and Leighton. I tell you, aside from a few pesky theological differences, I really love my job.