27th Sunday in Ordinary Time/One Bread, One Body
  • PaixGioiaAmorPaixGioiaAmor
    On the 27th Sunday, (the first Sunday in October) the Communion proper is almost word for word the text of the song "One Bread, One Body." I DO try to use the propers whenever possible ... but I feel like we can do better than this.

Does one of our talented composers want to try setting the text? Or can someone point me in the direction of something already composed?
  • chonakchonak
    Possibly for the choir to sing, yes, but I was thinking more congregational. Most places are not quite ready to sing chant such as that, including ours.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    (bum de dum) gentile or JEEEEEW!
    (bum de dum) servant or FREEEEEEE!
    (dum dada dada) woman or MAAANNNNNNN........
    no moooooooore......
  • Are you sure you have the right Sunday? In my missal, the Communion proper is "My soul aspires after your salvation; I hope in your word..." Are you taking it from the Sacramentary or the Gradual?
  • CharlesW
    As they have said for years,

One bed, three bodies,
    menage a trois...
  • CharlesW
    There are two options that Sunday in our NO missal.

The Lord is good to those who hope in him,
    to those who are searching for his love

or

Because there is one bread, we, though many, are one body,
    for we all share in the one loaf and in the one cup
  • I wrote a spoof of it several years ago called "Wonder bread". Let me get some serious work done on this end and I'll take the challenge to put together a new piece. Let me know what sort of criteria you need to be met.

Feel free to contact me off-server: stisidore@prolifeamerica.com
    CGZ,

I wouldn't want you to write it soley to my specifications ... but I would think that in general it would need to be an easy refrain that can be repeated by the congregation, probably not chant like, perhaps with chanted or through composed verses. I think this approach would allow most of us to use it in our parishes.
  • PaixGioiaAmor,

I have just the thing. Shoot me an email:

moditters(at)yahoo.com