Worst Funeral Stories (Funny... much later)
  • Randolph: Procession of Harleys: Earlier this year, or was it last fall?, I had occasion to go to the funeral of a man killed in the drug wars here (Mexico). He was a policeman and a member of a motorcycle club. In funeral processions here those who are able walk. This procession lined up as (1) all available police units, with sirens shrieking, (2) the hearse, with four policemen carrying automatic weapons, one on each quarter, (3) walkers, including me, (4) a fleet of Harleys and other heavy motorcycles, revving their engines, (5) the rest, in cars. The sirens, the weapons, the motors -- it was one of the most emotionally intense experiences I have ever had, and that without a bit of smoke, incense or other.
  • CharlesW
    Randolph, that has never happened to me at a funeral. However, I attended a Divine Miss M concert at the local university back in the 70s. I smelled something acrid burning and there was a dense fog in the arena. After receiving medical assistance, it was decided that I am seriously allergic to cannabis - or California tobacco, as we sometimes call it. ;-) I am allergic to nearly everything else, so why not that, too?
  • don roy
    shortly after i had arrived at a (then) new position i had occasion to peruse a resurrection choir folder. imagine my suprise to find landrys "bloom where you are planted"

never did it but i could be bought...
  • CharlesW
    LOL :-)