Propers for Saturday Wedding Mass
  • stl1pbr
    Could anyone tell me where I could find the propers for Saturday, September 18, 2010? I was directed to this site from Catholic Answers forum, http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=464451. Where could I locate these online? I know its a optional BVM memorial, maybe that would be nice for a wedding?

Thanks so much.
  • Dan F.Dan F.
    There are actually propers for a nuptial mass. Here is the list.

Here is a full set of the ordinary form proper chants that are also propers for the extraordinary form. You can find some of the other options in the Gregorian Missal using the index. For the others you will need the Graduale Romanum (1974, not online), if desired. Perhaps others here have them available electronically.

Chabanel Psalms also has some options for the responsorial psalm and alleluia if the proper Gradual and Alleluia are too daunting.

EDIT:
    Upon reading the thread you included, I see you're used to attending mass in the extraordinary form. All of the proper chants from the EF nuptial mass are options for the OF nuptial mass. They occur in very similar places in the liturgy. If you read through the Gregorian Missal (linked above) you will see exactly where each chant will fit. Congratulations, and God bless!
  • Dan F.Dan F.
    Because the traditional psalm numbering used for Gregorian chant follows the Latin Vulgate. For much of the psalter it is off by one. For example, Psalm 110 in modern bibles (NAB, RSV, etc) is Psalm 109 in the Latin Vulgate and the Douay-Rheims english translation. Check the nearby psalms to find the actual verses.
  • Dan F.Dan F.
    Oops. That was supposed to be "whispered" to stl1pbr. Never had to use that feature. Sorry!