Several questions
  • francis
    or,

"who will eat?"

or

"will you eat?"

"eat who will"

no matter what, the definitive rule is that we cannot alter the words... we can only mix them up for effect
  • francis
    well, the women sing the deus and then there is a long pause and then the men sing the meus... almost as though jesus lapsed into a coma for a second and then came back and finished his sentence.
  • Jevoro
    of course, that's why ad manducandum was accusated to change the text. By just puzzling up the given text i can't find a solution.
  • francis
    Well, you have been a great assistance... I will think on these things and see if I can create a better solution for both pieces. Thank you so much, Jevoro and God Bless you!
  • Jevoro
    i didn't see the connection betwen TB and AS for this Deus... ...meus, may be because between Deus (TB) and meus (AS) the men continue to sing... ut quid derelinquisti me...?
  • francis
    It is a typical composing device where the words get segmented off, but it may not be the best treatment.
  • Jevoro
    The problem the church had with some polyphony, is the fact that the text may become ununderstandable.