Palm Sunday Vespers chants in English
  • Donnaswan
    Help! I'm home and don't have last year's Palm Sunday vespers program. Does anyone know off hand what the Psalms are ? And any other music I should inc We'll be doing Choral Vespers- Do the Psalms for Vespers on Palm Sunday remain the same every year? Unfortunately, I didn't know of this site last year at this time.
    Or direct me to the proper place to find them?

Thanks so much
    Donna
  • francis
    Donna

I use universalis.com
  • Donnaswan
    Thank you Francis. I was beginning to think no one liked me anymore! LOL
    I am contemplating perusing, but not buying, one of the volumes of the Liturgy of the Hours on sale at the Catholic Bookstore next door to the Parish Offices. :)
    Actually, now that I think about it, we should have those books in the music library, along with all the great stuff that is free to download from Musica Sacra. I think I will invest. I have not spent any where near my budget for new music this year.
    Donna
  • francis
    Where do you buy music worth purchasing?
  • Donnaswan
    Paraclete Press. Canticus Novum. Used to be Augsburg and Concordia were reliable,but no more.

Donna
  • francis
    Wow. Augsburg used to be one of the top. I am shocked.
  • Donnaswan
    It's my feeling that they have gone over to the 'Dark Side' with things that try to imitate Christian contemporary, , but let's face it- if that's what you want,the Protestant presses do it better. Not saying there's not something good at those presses, but you have to wade through so much stuff that just goes into the wastebasket. They are trying to stay in business, so you can't blame them, I suppose.

Donna