Attende Domine Organ Accompaniment
  • Hi,

Could someone point me to a resource containing an arrangement of "Attende Domine" with organ accompaniment?

The one we have an accompaniment which seems kind of "Lori Line-ish"

Thanks in advance.

Mark
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    i do not believe the NOH has this one ---- they tend to have the more rare ones only
  • Donnaswan
    Mark,
    Don't know which one you are referring to as 'Lori Line-ish? Who is she, BTW? There is one in Ritualsong. IS that the one you don't like?

Donna
  • By the way, there is a really fine prelude on this melody by Jeanne Demessieux which I am playing during communion next Sunday.
  • Steve CollinsSteve Collins
    Here are the two I use (mostly the AGM):
    Thanked by 1mantonio
  • Erik P
    THose two are nice.

I also wrote one so our parish choir could sing during imposition of ashes. I'll upload it...I don't know if it's "Lori-line"-ish though. You'll have to let me know.

There's also one in the Adoremus hymnal, probably by the great organist Calvert Shenk. Number 366.

With all these different versions you could do all five verses with a different harmonization each time.

Enjoy.
    Thanked by 1mantonio
  • Thanks all. Actually, the accompaniment used was actually pretty good. It wasn't as "Lori Line"-ish as I feared.

(For those who are not familiar, Lori Line is a MN person whose arrangements sound a bit like Nordstrom's)

Ironically, during Attende Domine my 15 mo old was going bananas, so I didn't notice how it went anyway.

-Mark
  • francisfrancis
    Who knows where to find the Gregorian Notation of this hymn? I am not finding it in the Graduale or the Liber. ? ? ? I have an accompaniment that I always use, but I think it is one that I composed on the fly and have been developing in my mind for many many years. It's time to put it in notation.
  • chonakchonak
    It's in Cantus Selecti, along with many other seasonal pieces.
  • Erik P
    Its in the Parish Book of Chant....also the written out verses-setting is available via download through musicasacra

http://musicasacra.com/pdf/attende.pdf
  • Erik P
    Chonak: Is the cantus selecti the same as the Liber Cantualis? or are there only a few differences?
  • chonakchonak
    There is only slight overlap between the two books. Cantus Selecti is 279 pages long, and contains 230 pieces collected from various sources: for Benediction, for seasons, for Our Lady, for major feast days, for devotional occasions. There are various genres: hymns, litanies, proses (e.g., Rorate Caeli), responsories.
  • francisfrancis
    Thanks Chonak
  • Another version of Attende Domine.
    Thanked by 1Incardination