Marian Antiphons
  • JamJam
    hiya, can anyone tell me where I can find recordings of all the Latin seasonal Marian Antiphons -- both simple and solemn tones?
  • dvalerio
    Check this on-line Latin breviary for the OF; go to Compline, choose Ordinary Time, any day, and you'll find all the Marian antiphons at the end (but for Regina Caeli you'll have to choose Easter Time, of course). Each of them has several recordings available.
  • JamJam
    thank you! this helps me with the simple tones, but the other recordings they have perhaps are monastic and do not match the solemn tones in the PBC. (well, at least for Ave Regina Caelorum, which is the only one I checked.) Do y'all know where I can find recordings of the solemn tones in the PBC?
  • dvalerio
    I believe their recordings match the versions enjoined by the Ordo Cantus Officii (OCO), which you may find in Steven van Roode's edition of Compline (though I didn't check every single note carefully). It makes sense, since the OCO is the standard for the OF.

Concerning the solemn tones in the PBC, there used to be some mp3 files in the SSPX seminary website (though in irregular canonical situation, they do sing well), but it seems they've changed the website and deleted the files. If I find them I'll let you know.
  • Formosus
    Does anyone know where to access the Latin originals of the concluding prayer for Compline for each night of the week? Thanks in anticipation.
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    > Does anyone know where to access the Latin originals of the concluding prayer for Compline for each night of the week?

Formosus, for the OF, the Latin prayers are in my booklet for Compline.

Steven