Proclamation of the Birth of Christ
  • I used in the past the St. Meinrad proclamation. Just moved cross country to a new job, and now I can't find my copy. I just went to Lulu (where I purchased it a year ago), and it is not available. Can anyone help?
  • chonakchonak
    Is this the St. Meinrad edition you used before?
  • this?. Courtesy Fr. Pierre Paul
  • If only at a place where it will be sung ...
  • Thank you. It is the English version available from USCCB (that Jeffrey graciously posted on the New Liturgical Movement website). Don't know why I didn't look there earlier... Guess the fact that I'm running around doing two people's jobs but getting paid for one would explain it. But let's not complain, at least I have work (more than 10% of the population can say right now...)
  • eft94530eft94530
    Look at the CMAA Forum banner; one of the buttons is labeled Search.

click the button
    enter Proclamation
    click Topics
    click Search
  • The Proclamation from the USCCB, as compared with the Vatican edition, has left many people dissatisfied. John Burchfield of the St. Theresa's Gregorian Schola made this English version as a more literal rendering of notes and text. Because there is no obligation to use the version from the USCCB, this one will work just fine in your parish.

• Is there an audio version of the English version that Jeffery Tucker listed? My husband will be practicing and it would be really neat if I could have this for him.
  • Courtesy of Jonathan Eason: Christmas Proclamation in English
  • Re: St. Meinrad Version

Here it is in PDF, freely shared in the Creative Commons.

FYI - Nearly everything that is in their Lulu store is also available here in PDF format for free.
  • Here's a version (PDF) of the Christmas Proclamation based on the USCCB-sanctioned text, but whose melody is based on that of the Latin.

And here's a rough MP3.
  • Adam! it's just fantastic. did you convince these fine people of the merit of CC?
  • Jeffrey--No, I don't think I can take any credit here. They just want to serve the Church. Yes, fantastic, I know!
  • It is just wonderful. A real landmark.
  • Aristotle, thank you--it's just what I was looking for!
  • eft94530eft94530
    From 2009
    Bumped to prevent a third discussion