Women's Christmas Choir
  • Hello everyone - the pastor at my OF Mass parish has allowed me a choir this Christmas (and for future feasts i think) but it is entirely made up of women. The men aren't interested, unfortunately. So that leaves me looking for some music for women's choir. I was wondering if anyone knew of any royalty free music out there. Specifically I am looking for a rendition of Silent Night. Thanks for any help you can offer and may God reward you.

-Matt Williams
  • JL
    Hi Matt,

For public domain music, a good first stop is the Choral Public Domain Library (www.choralwiki.org), followed by the Werner Icking Archive (www.icking-music-archive.org); a search for "free sheet music" should turn up plenty as well.

Here is a link to an arrangement of "Silent Night" for SSAA choir by Clifford Boyd. It's a GIF file, so the image quality is a little fuzzy, and the text he uses is not the standard English one used in the US, but it should be easy enough to underlay that text. The page should also link you to contact information for the composer.
    http://www.cfboyd.com/page251.html

Hope this helps.
  • mjballoumjballou
    Matt - Here are a couple that I've arranged over the years for my singers. Easy to sing and general crowd-pleasers. I've never done Silent Night.