Current mass ordinary text in Spanish and Portuguese
  • Xopheros
    Posts: 172
    While pondering whether it might be easily possible to arrange may latest three part mass setting for the Spanish or Portuguese text, I wonder where to find the current official versions. A quick internet search returned the following two sites:

    1. Spanish version on a US parish website. Even if this version from 2020 still holds, I wonder whether the same text form the US is used in Spain and Latin America, too. It seems suspicious to me that, in the Gloria, "propter magnam gloriam tuam" is moved to a different position.
    2. Portuguese version on a Brazilian parish website. This is from 2021, and I have found hints that the text has been revised in 2023, especially in order to achieve an appropriate language for both the Portuguese and Brazilian dialects. Moreover, the linked text moves "Domine Deus rex caelestis" to a very different position.

    If these are still the official versions, an adaption is out of question in my use case because the different verse order breaks the musical structure in a way that cannot be mended.

    If there are newer translations that do not change verse orders, I would greatly appreciate hints how to find them and who holds the copyright and is to be asked for permission to set it to music (whether the copyright holder will actually reply is a different question).