When are these Psalms used?
  • daniel
    I have "Sixteen Bicinios Volume I" from Canticanova publications. Of the five Psalms in the octavo, there are three which I could not find in the Graduale Romanum or Simplex. They are: O Vos Justi (Ps. 33); Adiutorium nostrum (Ps. 124), and Os justi meditabitur (Ps. 37). Are these Psalms used as Entrance, Offertories, or Communions at any time during the year? Thank you.
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    I searched the Ordo cantus missae and the Ordo cantus officii.

In the Liturgy of the Hours, Adiutorium nostrum is used as the second antiphon of vespers on tuesday of the third week.

Os justi meditabitur occurs as introit of the Commune doctorum ecclesiae and the Commune sanctorum et sanctarum. It can also be the gradual of the Commune doctorum ecclesiae and the Commune sactorum et sactarum (pro educatoribus).

I couldn't find O vos justi; are you sure it isn't O vos omnes? In that case, it is the Alleluia of B. Mariae Virginis Perdolentis (September 15). Or, in the Liturgy of the Hours, it is the antiphon of sext on Good Friday.

Steven
  • chonakchonak
    Or Os justi?
  • daniel
    The text is "O vos iusti exultate Domino rectos decet col laudatio" from Ps 33. Is "Commune sanctorum et sanctarum" "Common of the Saints?" Thanks.