Colloquium XX
  • Please note the revision in the photo (and the altered URL) — corrects the closing date and enlarges some footer text.
  • chonakchonak
    Aris, that is *fabulous*!
  • CharlesW
    I would be more likely to be at the OHS convention, although I haven't checked the dates on that. If it is at the same time, I hope some of us can drop in on some of the Colloquium sessions at a reasonable cost, if time permits.
  • kevinfkevinf
    I will be there. I guess Ann L. worked her magic. As one of her former students, I know she must be excited about it being there. You could ask Dr. Lord to come and talk about Tournemire and early 20the century Parisian liturgy.
  • Pittsburgh- excellent!
    Thanks for all the work that went into this. I think AOZ must have rested for maybe 8 hours before jumping into Colloquium XX prep.

I'll chime in on the pubs. Perhaps I can swing it to get there early and take a little walking tour.

Does anyone know if there will be fireflies/ lightnin' bugs in Pittssburgh? Burning question for me.
  • If I may be so bold, a workshop by Anne L. on the basics of organ improv would be lovely.

AOZ is amazing!
  • don roy
    i have a question.
    i so thoroughly enjoyed the fantastic work done by the canons of st. john cantius. the way mass was celibrated with almost military precision was a template for how mass could and should be said.
    will they be able to help in pittsburg?
  • AOZ
    It is great to see almost everyone as excited about the Colloquium in Pittsburgh as we are. Preliminary schedule, preliminary playlist, and faculty will all be announced come mid October. There are lots of details to sort through. Stay tuned.
  • Steve CollinsSteve Collins
    Speaking of "chiming in", there is a peal of change ringing bells at Southminster Pres. Church over in Mt. Lebanon. I'd love to visit for a ringing practice. Maybe a "road trip" could be arranged for anyone interested in finding out more about change ringing.
  • People might be interested in the newly opened website for the 2010 national convention of the Organ Historical Society, which will be held at the same time as the CMAA colloquium.
    It will eventually have lots of link with information about area churches and, of course, organs.

http://www.organsociety.org/2010/
  • I'm a double alumna of Duquesne, BM 82 flute performance, MM 84 sacred music and vocal performance. This is so very exciting and I hope that by some miracle I can attend.
  • Pes
    Pittsburgh, my hometown. Wonderful!

Aris, that poster is brilliant.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    great poster, Aristotle
  • Aristotle, thank you.

That's now the background on my Mac around the house.
  • Hello all! I live in Pittsburgh and have for the past 7 years. I'm one of the organists at the St. Paul Cathedral, hopefully we can have a field trip out there for interested parties. 97 ranks of von Beckerath glory!

I'm also good friends with the music director at Southminster Presbyterian Church, he was my first organ teacher. I can put whomever is interested in touch with him, the bells are really something. Email me.