Portuguese settings of the Ordinary of the Mass NOW available!
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Friends,

To this site I just posted beautiful Portuguese settings of the Kyrie, Agnus Dei, and Sanctus, by Alfredo Votta IN PORTUGUESE.
  • Jeff,
    I couldn't find this particular setting from the above link. Can you help navigate me to it. We have two major Portuguese celebrations annually.
    Thanks,
    Charles
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Hi, Charles

Should be in the Kyrie Section of the Above Site

and AGNUS DEI section and SANCTUS section
  • Got 'em, Jeff.
    Você é um estudioso e um cavalheiro!
    Wendy wants to know do we get an advance peek of the colloquium video as, uh, she was the better half subject for an interview in so many respects.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Hi, Charles. All I can tell you right now is that it is going to be GOOD ! But there is a LOT of footage to sort through! Yes, her interview was GREAT
  • AlVotta
    For those who would like to know: Portuguese is a Latin language close to Spanish, and there's a high level of mutual intelligibility between these two languages. That depends, of course, on the accent and speed of the speakers.

Eight countries in the world speak Portuguese, the biggest being Brazil (where I was born and live), where 80% of the speakers live.

The language is one of the many things my country inherited from great Portugal, something I'm particularly proud of. Another is the Catholic Faith.