Seeking Responsorial Psalms and Repertoire for Treble Choir
  • Hello,

I’m currently leading a choir composed entirely of treble voices (Soprano and Alto) at my parish, and I'm looking to challenge them musically by incorporating choral psalm verses. We use the responsorial psalm in our liturgy, and so far, I’ve been using the Gelineau psalms, having the sopranos and altos sing the treble line while I play the tenor and bass parts on the organ. This arrangement works well, but I'm eager to find something specifically written for 2-3 part treble voices or SSA, to both challenge the choir and add variety to our repertoire.

Does anyone know of any collections of responsorial psalms that are specifically arranged for treble choirs? Additionally, I would appreciate recommendations for sources where I could find anthems and other suitable repertoire for a treble ensemble.

Thank you for your assistance!
  • LarsLars
    take a look at these:

Ravanello - Secunda Anthologia Vocalis, op.66
    Rossini - Canticum Novum(1935)
    Perosi - Melodie Sacre
  • GerardH
    Richard Rice's Introits for Treble Choir and other resources are available on this CMAA page.
  • Splenda
    I lead a treble choir and we have enjoyed singing the arrangements by Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles. Very reasonable to purchase and available on their website.