Christós anésti , Need of help
  • sdtalley3sdtalley3
    Hello to all here,

I'm hoping some of the members here can point me in the right direction. My Schola Director wanted me to transcribe the song/chant, Christós anésti, utilizing chant notation...I figured out pretty quickly this was not suitable for the rhythm of the chant, and its like one of the only few chants outside the normal use of the Roman rite we use, and trust me I'd like to "borrow" more. The choir director sent me a few voice clips from when she learned it by ear. I punched it out on Finale, but I'd like to know if anyone can identify the actual music based upon what I transcribed?....

Please, thank you, and God Bless!
  • sdtalley3sdtalley3
    P.S. Everything I could find was “close” but not quite what I was looking for, and I added the bass drone in the attachment.
  • FSSPmusic
    How about this?

%%
    (c2) Chri(d._)stós(gh__) a(h._)né(i._)sti(hg__) ek(ghf_) ne(ghg_)krón,(h._) (:) tha(g_)ná(hih_)to(g._) thá(hih_)na(gf__)ton(efe_) pa(f._)tí(g.'/h!i_5j_)sas,(h.'/g!h_5i_) (;) ke(j._) tis(ih__) en(g_h_3!i>_)tís(j_) mní(h._)ma(ghg_)si,(f._) (;) zo(g._)ín(h._) (;) cha(g_)ri(h_)sá(ivHG___)me(f#f_)nos!(g._) (::)
    Thanked by 1sdtalley3
  • FSSPmusic
    Or, according to the more usual editorial principles ;)
    You will have to petition the dicastery to sing the penultimate note as a sharp.
    Thanked by 1sdtalley3
  • sdtalley3sdtalley3
    @FSSP

My question was/is: is there a rendition out there based upon what I wrote almost exactly? Many of the versions I looked at progressed similarly for the first couple measures, but deviated too much.

• MatthewRoth
    There are also two different versions of the chant with the same text; there's a very good recording on Youtube where the Antiochian version of the first chant is sung accompanied by the other version (I have no idea what that's called in the Greek liturgy, but I've heard both)

I presume that you mean the troparion as shown above though.
  • sdtalley3sdtalley3
    Thank you both!