Sanctus for Mass IX from the Hymnal 1940
  • trentonjconn
    Can anyone help me locate a score for the accompaniment of the Englished Sanctus IX as found in the 1940, #721? Cranmer did some hacking away, so the Benedictus is not included in older Anglo settings of the Sanctus. Thanks for any leads.
  • trentonjconn
    Yes, I have that much, but as you'll see the second half of the Sanctus is not included in that score (nor in the 1940 at all, as far as I'm aware). I need a score which includes both the "sanctus" and "benedictus" sections. Cranmer (I think) chopped off the benedictus, as I mentioned above.
  • kevinfkevinf
    Why don't you go to the Nova Organi Harmonia and look at the acc. for Mass IX there. You can find what you need and make it work with the anglais. Or CC Watershed has it on its mass setting page. Or even better, improvise. Tis not hard.....
  • trentonjconn
    I'll certainly do that if I need to, but I wanted to check the hive mind first before I went and reinvented the wheel.
    Thanked by 1tandrews
  • davido
    I think this has what you want
    Missa Marialis accompaniment.pdf
    5M
  • trentonjconn
    Perfect. Much obliged.
  • It's #798 in the 1940. The supplement has all the benedictus settings for the communion services
    Thanked by 1trentonjconn
  • Diapason84
    Liam beat me to it. The 1961 Supplement has the Benedictus-es.
    Thanked by 1trentonjconn
  • trentonjconn
    That's the same link as in your comment from the 10th, no?
  • francis
    I did not post the above link…. Something buggy on the forum?
  • chonakchonak
    That link was sitting in the forum software's cache of comments held as suspect-spam (probably because it was a link with no other text)
    Thanked by 2tomjaw francis