Cathedral Job Posting - Rapid City SD
  • The Cathedral of Our Lady of Perpetual Help is seeking applicants to fill the position of Director of Sacred Music beginning July 1, 2023. We are a fully functioning Catholic parish and the seat of the Bishop of the Diocese of Rapid City. The Cathedral of Our Lady of Perpetual Help has a 1961 Casavant organ. The instrument was originally built for the Grace Episcopal Church of Orange, New Jersey. The organ was moved to Rapid City in 1983 and comprises some 67 ranks of pipes. It is a beautiful instrument.

The job description for the Cathedral Director of Sacred Music is attached. Please share this with any graduating students, colleagues, or others in your circle of influence who may be interested in this position.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or our current Director of Sacred Music, Mr. Ryan Hardy (ryan@cathedralolph.org).

Sincerely in Christ’s peace,

Very Rev. Brian P. Christensen

Cathedral of Our Lady of Perpetual Help

www.CathedralOLPH.org

(605) 342-0507
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen Bri
  • I assume this will close soon, as per forum standards. This is my "neighbor" diocese, even though it's 5.5 hours away. SD is a big state! I think this is well worth looking into, from what I've heard from the current director.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • rollingrj
    Here is a link to the job description, via CatholicJobs.com.
  • chonakchonak
    [closing the item to comments as usual.--admin]
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions