New Liturgy of the Hours Hymnal
  • avscvltaavscvlta
    I haven't noticed any posts lately about the new hymnal. I thought it was expected at the end of this year? Anyone know? Was hoping it would at least be availabe for this Advent.
  • RMSawicki
    Ain't heard nothin' round here, but be assured if any announcement did come forth I'd be clicking "place order" a nanosecond after the option appeared!

;-)

Gaudete in Domino Semper!
    Thanked by 1avscvlta
  • It's coming. The main hymnal is finished, the indexes are being compiled right now. It's still hoped that it'll go to press by the end of the year. The unexpected closure of the USCCB Publications Office set the project back as a new publisher had to be found.
    Thanked by 2drforjc PaxTecum
  • RMSawicki
    Yay!!!

"Dear Santa Claus. I have been extra good this year. I have not yelled at any of my schola members for failing to use Dom Gajard's method regarding episemas, etc. Please send me a whole box of the new Hymnal for the Liturgy of the Hours!" ;-)

• How will we know when it is available?
  • A significant marketing effort is planned. I’ll be sure it’s mentioned here as well.
  • RMSawicki
    Bless you for enhancing my Thanksgiving Day with this "annuntio" of...truly..."gaudium magnum"! ;-)

Will have an eye on perpetual "scan".