Please consider helping the Cantus Database, the Cantus Index, or DIAMM
  • canadashcanadash
    My friend works on these databases and she is applying for grants. Any help is appreciated:

Have you used the Cantus Database, the Cantus Index, or DIAMM for research, publications, presentations, performances, or teaching this year? Then we need you! For the grant application for our Digital Research Alliance (Compute Canada) allocation, we need a list of your activities this past year that involved the use of these online resources. Please send information by Thursday, October 27th to Debra at debra.lacoste@dal.ca. Thank you!

• I use the cantus.uwaterloo database almost daily. I LOVE that site. It is what I use to find ancient source material for my "chant psalms" which is to say, my psalm settings where the refrain melody (and often the verses too) is based on the melodies found in ancient manuscripts. (https://psallitedomino.com/serviamscores/a-refreshed-approach-to-modern-psalmody) I find the cantus database invaluable for this research. I will email Debra.
  • canadashcanadash
    Hi Serviam. Thank you so much. If you have any friends who might use this, or if you can share, this would certainly help her research and granting propositions. Thanks again!
    Thanked by 1Lars