Mode II chant melody
  • I am searching for a Mode II chant melody. It was printed with the text "The Lord is my shepherd" and titled as a communion antiphon. I would like to find the original text and its placement in the Liber Usualis. I've tried to attach a photo?
    5096 x 6488 - 15M
    5096 x 6488 - 15M
  • tomjaw
    @Johnpeter

The photo does not appear, but this may help http://www.globalchant.org/search.php
  • MarkB
    That setting is by Adam Bartlett and can be found in the Lumen Christi Simple Gradual #323.

If you're asking where the original source of the melody can be found, I don't think Adam imitated a Gregorian melody; I believe he composed that melody.

If you're asking about the source of the antiphon, it's the proper communion antiphon for Sunday Cycles B and C on the 32nd Sunday in Ordinary Time (Novus Ordo) and can be found in the 1974 Graduale Romanum. But the Gregorian melody of the Latin antiphon doesn't align with Adam's composition.

It's not in the Liber Usualis in anything resembling Adam's composition.

See the attached pdf.
    Thanked by 2Mattspmusic0320 Bri
  • I love this setting. I used it this weekend!
  • Twelve years a seminarian, I have chant ear worms. Thank you for your research. I now whistle, hum and sing this recently composed Mode II melody.