Bayside Sacred Music Mission Music Videos - Your feedback please?
  • JesJes
    Hey all,

In Australia we are undergoing much change!
    In Victoria we have had well over 200 days of lockdown now - we are STILL not allowed to go to church and won't be for a few more months! To top it off in Melbourne we had an earthquake just yesterday! To lift spirits and hearts to God we decided to use a skeleton crew to make music videos together.
    I'd love your feedback https://youtu.be/YZ9O7PWxock

The parish is a new merged parish under the new Archdiocese conditions - we are trying to work hard to change the culture around music in the church - away from the contemporary and more towards something more traditional. I have commandeered a few friends to help.

Thanks,
    Jes
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen Drake
  • Drake
    Jes, I can only imagine how much the faithful Down Under must be suffering on account of these lockdowns and the inaccessibility of your churches. Good for you for doing what you can to make a difference!

I especially liked your recording of O Bone Jesu.
  • JesJes
    Thanks @Drake yes it is very hard. I am so grateful to have work and to have the opportunity to go to Mass.

I'm double vaxxed now and hoping we open up soon. It's been a VERY long time.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    All four works are done with amazing sensitivity, Jes. The progression from "When I survey the Wondrous Cross" (with your soul-searching arrangement & rendition!) to the "Christus factus est" culminating in pure white light is very moving. I hope you can do more of this. We are all better for your thoughtful and reverent efforts.
    Thanked by 1Jes