Zoom Gregorian chant course
  • AngelaRAngelaR
    Good day, everyone! I used to be an active member of this forum when I was building the Cathedral Chant School, and received much help and wisdom from its generous members. I am indebted to the the CMAA for its tremendous work. I am currently a cantor at the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis, and studied chant under Dom Saulnier in Solesmes, France. Over the years I have been privileged to teach chant notation to hundreds of people, amateurs and professional musicians. Some of you may remember me as Angela Manney (my maiden name).

Next week I will launch my third course in Gregorian chant via Zoom. The course teaches all the nuts and bolts of chant pitch and notation, and includes an overview of available chant resources in English and Latin, as well as one Zoom intro to chant session for the entire choir. We will meet five Tuesday evenings at 7 pm CDT, starting September 28th, 2021.

My Zoom chant students this year have included college students, cantors, music directors, professional, classically trained singers, and even one guitar player in charge of a "contemporary Mass". They have joined from California, Chicago, Saint Louis, Boston, Georgia, Florida and Alaska.

More about my background and the course, including reviews, may be found here: www.angelamarierocchio.com/chant-school.

Questions may be directed to hello@angelamarierocchio.com.

Additional reviews may be found on my Google and Facebook pages, "Angela Marie Rocchio, Soprano".

I checked with an admin but haven't heard back, so I hope it is okay to post this here. (Please delete if not allowed.) Thank you, and God bless!
  • chonakchonak
    Hi, Angela: no problem; I've marked this for the "Events" category, as with other courses.
    Thanked by 1AngelaR
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    We will meet five Tuesday evenings at 7 pm CST, starting September 28th, 2021.
    Do you mean 7pm CDT?
    Thanked by 1AngelaR
  • AngelaRAngelaR
    Yes, you are correct, the course is in CDT, thank you. It's a good thing I'm teaching chant and not geography. ;-P
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen Kathy
  • AngelaRAngelaR
    This is an update to say that registration for the Fall 2021 course has closed. I am considering offering another course in Lent 2022 (please reach out if you would like to be put on the waiting list), and I do teach private chant lessons over Zoom.

Additionally, subscribers to my chant email newsletter via my site will receive 5 complimentary chant notation lessons to their inbox.

Thanks again for letting me post!
  • Angela, what is your site?
    Thanked by 1AngelaR
  • AngelaRAngelaR
    Site is: www.angelamarierocchio.com/chant-school