Bloggers at the Colloquium
  • MJB,
    "Who's in charge of cuneiform?"
    Whom shall we send?-but the Bow-Tied One, Hisself, as he is so "stylus!"
    Once a colleague.
  • JDE
    If sufficient incense is used at the EF Masses, that could be interpreted as blogging by smoke signal!
  • Thus far, those in attendance who are posting Colloquium reports are, to my knowledge:

NLM- Jeffrey Tucker
    Recovering Choir Director- Aristotle Esguerra
    Sacred Miscellany- Mary Jane Ballou
    Musica Dei-Charles Culbreth
    Authentic Update- Jeffrey Merton

I know that this might be very incomplete, and my new, bestest friend G isn't blogging thus far. But, enjoy.
  • This discussion is very enjoyable, from far far away. I miss you all.

I couldn't have imagined blogging during the last two Colloquia [sp?]. There was something going on every minute, followed by deep sleep.
  • Carl DCarl D
    Charles, I'm also blogging: http://dierschow.com/wordpress/?cat=21
  • Yes, Carl, Jeffrey's updated everyone with your's and others' over at NLM.
    Sorry I missed you.
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    Ah, so I see that all of us are again afflicted with the same syndrome that did us in last year. We are all struck silent by the events this week, the way the entire world just seems to be contained within the rehearsal, liturgy, and friendship -- and just how indescribable all of this is and how tiny and uneventful the blogosphere seems by comparison to what we are going through here.
  • Carl DCarl D
    Well, I've done a few posts, but it takes someone MUCH more articulate than me to be able to convey the spiritual significance of these wonderful events.

I realized that I've now gone an entire week with no TV, no newspaper ... and it's wonderful. That's all so insignificant compared to the inner work I've been doing this week.
  • Jeffrey, I've posted at least once a day since Sunday up until Thursday, and at length due to my congenital verbiage syndrome. I do agree heartily with Carl, it takes a considerable amount of will beyond the stamina that is so taxed wonderfully here to then digest, rearticulate and put into words what is fairly indescribable.
  • Okay, I just posted at 10;10CST this Saturday! Happy now?
    We're packed, seriously exhausted but exhilerated.
  • mjballoumjballou
    I was an absolute pig about blogging at the colloquium. My excuse was my short stay - and the heroic efforts of others. Oh, and it was the wine.
  • June Ely
    The Colloquium is up on Fr. Z's blog, WDTPRS ( What Does The Prayer Really Say):

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2009/06/neum-by-neum-in-chicago/

Some of the info isn't exactly correct, but hey, we're up on one of the top Catholic blogs...
  • Yeah, it must have been the wine, MJB!;-)
  • G
    Wine? there was wine? (ducking to avoid the flying bottles....)

Actually, considering that our time was INSANELY full, (although thanks for not sending us up to Milwaukee, or wherever that was that David Hughes' chant group rehearsed last year,) everyone did quite well.

I particularly, (she huffs sanctimoniously, simultaneously straining an elbow patting herself on the back,) considering I had no computer with me.

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • chonakchonak
    Milwaukee? That was the site of the theater-organ recital by Ron Reseigh.