Requiem Mass for Deceased CMAA Members
  • janetgorbitzjanetgorbitz
    As part of this week's activities during the CMAA's first Virtual Colloquium, our chaplain, Rev. Robert Pasley, will be offering Mass for the deceased members of the CMAA at Mater Ecclesiae Parish in Berlin, New Jersey on Thursday, July 9, 2020 at 2:00 pm (EDT). This Mass will be live-streamed on the CMAA YOUTUBE Channel.

Music will be directed by Peter Carter, of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Allentown, NJ.

I hope you will join us!
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • janetgorbitzjanetgorbitz
    PS: If you do have names of former members who have passed away this year and who should be especially remembered, please send them to me. I have a very short list based on the notifications I have received regarding journal subscriptions, but I know this is not always all-encompassing.
  • Carl DCarl D
    Is it possible to get the music? It was absolutely wonderful.
  • I second Carl's comment. The harmonization of the introit was especially sublime. A link to that music if nothing else would be great.
  • chonakchonak
    The video is available for replay at:
    https://youtu.be/2CKgC3kwy9Q?t=150
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen bhcordova
  • Thank you, Carl D and Nathan_the_Organist! Here are pdfs of all the scores besides the chant. I improvised the accompaniment to the Dies Irae and the In Paradisum.
    Requiem Mass Introit SATB.pdf
    Kyrie Requiem Mass SATB.pdf
    Sanctus Mass XVIII SATB.pdf
    Agnus Dei Mass XVIII SATB.pdf
  • Thanks for the scores Peter.

You have a real gift for improvising. I would never have guessed that those accompaniments were improvised instead of written.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Splendid job, Peter!
  • Thank you so much!