Spiritual Communion : Another Offensive
  • francisfrancis
    A good article by Father Z pertinent to our present state of affairs

https://wdtprs.com/2020/03/stuck-because-of-covid-19-how-to-make-a-spiritual-communion/

Here is a way to print and slice up Holy Cards for making Spiritual Communions. (see pdf attached) print them out, pass them around!

UPDATE

Here is a more polished version of the original I posted ealier

UPDATE

Another version without graphic behind prayer for easier reading... after all, the prayer is the POINT of the effort!
    Thanked by 2Incardination Drake
  • CatherineS
    I think this points to how I'm thinking about this whole weird mess. Yes, there's a disease going around. Yes, it is contagious and to be taken seriously. But it's also a distraction, in the same way that a monk at prayer in his cell, in the moments when he has a chance to be closest to Christ, will suddenly be tormented by a mouse running up his garment or chewing on his bread, or the overwhelming urge to sneeze, or impure thoughts, or being too hot or too cold.

Think of the entire Church as a monk, and the corona virus as one of many distractions sent to draw his attention away from adoration, thanksgiving, praise, and pleading for the salvation of his soul and all the other pious intentions he might have.

There are times when he needs to calmly get up and close the window or close the bread box or open his eyes and look at the Cross to regain his composure (parallel being practical measures to deal with a new flu virus); but if he becomes obsessed with that interruption, begins chasing the mouse around his cell, becomes angry, hurling his breviary at it, tripping over his robes trying to stomp on it, etc., the devil has just won a great battle, tearing his attention from Our Lord and keeping it well distracted for even days at a time.

I have a sense that we are in a great battle, but we are very easily distracted by the little battles that the evil one hurls into our path.

The doctors will work on the health care. The politicians will work on the policies. Most of us have only the duty to pray, to love, and to become saints, no matter what crap everyone around us is up to, and no matter what misery the world falls into.

Forgive me if that's too much said, or said in the wrong tone. I was really inspired by a good long talk with my godson today, so I'm overflowing a bit of that. God did not bring us into this life now, here, in this time and place, without intending that we should be here for Him in this moment. The most beautiful thing we can do is live this moment for God, with all our hearts, no matter how it turns out. Do the practical things necessary according to your duties. Don't worry about the rest. I think that's some rephrased Padre Pio or something. Sorry if I've mangled it. :P

• francisfrancis
    I just posted a more polished version of Holy Card for Spiritual Communion in the OP above.
  • francisfrancis
    I also posted a two sided version for you technocrats that are so moved to do so.
  • Don9of11Don9of11
    francis, it's hard to read the prayer with the monstrence behind it. Maybe fade it out another 25%. Just my opinion.
    Thanked by 1francis
  • francisfrancis
    another version without graphic behind prayer... in five minutues