ICEL Hymns for the Liturgy of the Hours, Second Edition
  • Richard R.
    "...definitive form..."
    50 years on, I chuckle hollowly.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen tomjaw
  • The latest news I received is that it is now LATE 2022 or early 2023.
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    I really don't look for anything until 2025, which is when the new translation of the NAB is supposed to come out.
  • They hymns are supposed to come out sooner and from what I hear everything is ready to go so why the delay???? I can only imagine about 10 different scenarios.
  • SalieriSalieri
    why the delay????

Mine own uneducated guess is because of CoVID, supply-chain problems, inflation, & other Technical Difficulties.
    Thanked by 1mattebery
  • Salieri,

I think those will be blamed, but that only explains the last 2 years of delays.
  • Marc Cerisier
    They hymns are supposed to come out sooner and from what I hear everything is ready to go so why the delay???? I can only imagine about 10 different scenarios.

This is not entirely true—the texts are ready, but the musical settings are still being edited and adapted. They were supposed to be done already, but various delays have caused them to become available more slowly than expected.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we still see the final hymnal published this year.
    Thanked by 1RMSawicki
  • smcatharine
    Well, that is good to hear!
  • RMSawicki
    "I wouldn’t be surprised if we still see the final hymnal published this year."

'twould be a consummation most devoutly to be wished!

Gaudete in Domino Semper!