TEACHING POSITION
  • Glendale Preparatory Academy is now interviewing for a full-time Director of Music/Music Teacher for the 2009-2010 school year. The music curriculum at Glendale Prep is exclusively western and consists of three components: music theory, music appreciation, and music performance (primarily choral). While the curriculum is established, curricular development emphasizing Palestrina, Tallis, Bach, etc. is desired. I strongly encourage applicants to contact me (dwilliams@glendaleprep.org) immediately as interviews are currently taking place. We have hundreds of applicants for this prestigious position, but I am particularly interested in hiring someone associated with the Church Music Association of America.

A word about our school:

Glendale Preparatory Academy is a state-chartered public school offering a liberal arts education rooted in the western literary and philosophic tradition, and committed to the pursuit of truth, goodness, and beauty. Our academy embraces wisdom and virtue as the proper ends of education, and our school culture is ordered to help foster great-hearted young men and women. Glendale Prep’s rigorous seven year curriculum culminates in a four year sequence of Humane Letters seminars in which our students read, contemplate, and discuss the Great Books from Plato’s Republic to Dostoyevsky’s Brothers Karamazov.

Glendale Prep is located just outside Phoenix, Arizona, and draws highly motivated students from a wide area of the north and west valley. For more information, or to apply for a position, please contact the Headmaster, David Williams, at dwilliams@glendaleprep.org