In praise of Chabanel (I know we already know this,but...)
  • kevinfkevinf
    My group is just at the beginning of learning anything close to resembling good choral singing and learning to chant. Yet, we continue on. But today, after a good six months of struggling to learn to sing psalms, they attacked Chabanel Ps. 23 ( do not ask why we are all doing the A cycle) and really hit the mark. Text was clear, the melodic phrase hung well and best of all, they did it with not very much rehearsal.

Thanks Jeff, they really work. I adore them and my group gets it that they pray the psalms and not just "perform" them.
  • Mark M.Mark M.
    "A" cycle was for use with RCIA this weekend.
  • kevinfkevinf
    The whole parish was forced to use the "A" readings, not just at the initiation mass.
  • G
    "The whole parish was forced to use the "A" readings, not just at the initiation mass."
    Yes, this is common, I believe. For a number of years our parish also has used the Year "A" readings at all the Masses, not just the one with the scrutinies.
    As a result, the Gospel with the parable of the Prodigal Son, for instance, has not been read at our parish in nearly a decade.

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • Mark M.Mark M.
    Same here with "A" for all Masses.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Kevin, I am so grateful for your comments!

I am excited about our "mother page" we just launched.