St. James Music Press
  • PolskaPiano
    Has anyone used this online resource? I am particularly interested in it for the children. They charge a yearly subscription for $139 and you can print as many pieces off for the whole year. It looks like it is not Catholic, per se, but also looks like there are a lot of traditional pieces.
  • doneill
    I use it as a staple. You can find many texts from the Catholic tradition, via the Oxford Movement, and their lectionary guide usually coincides with the RC Lectionary.

• PolskaPiano
    Thank you!
  • CharlesW
    I have used SJMP from time to time and even have collections from the pre-subscription days. The choral parts are often fine but some of the accompaniments can get a little lounge-pianist funky.
  • PolskaPiano
    I'm bumping this thread. I have found SJMP to be a helpful additional resource for our music program. I like that the quality of the music is very good. There is a lot of music that is not as applicable to a Catholic mass as the high protestant liturgies it seems to be directed at, but the various search tools make perusing music very easy.

Since I started here a year ago, I've been working only with Gather 3 and mostly CCM anthems that a previous music director had proliferated. I am very pleased to add this to my choir's repertoire this year!

Adult Choir
    Ave Verum -Saint-Saens, Camille
    Be Thou My Vision- SLANE/Tipton
    Gesu Bambino - Yon, Pietro
    Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence- Holst, Gustav
    Peace to You- Pearsall, Robert
    Three Kings From Pesian Lands-Holst, Gustav

Children's Choir
    Come to Us, Emmanuel-McClure, Carol
    Come, Worship the Lord- Bach, JS
    Easter Affirmation- Willoughby, Harriet with bells
    Little Hands- McClure, Carol unison