St. Michael's Choir School presents Handel's Messiah Parts II and III on April 14th
  • The Schola Cantorum of St. Michael's Choir School, which is an auditioned group of students and some professionals with a Baroque orchestra. They will be putting on a performance of Messiah Part II and III, on April 14th at 7:30 PM at St. Michael's Cathedral Basilica. I hope those of you in Toronto and the area will be able to make it.
  • Ahh!
    Pity that Houston is so far 'south of the border'.
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • Schönbergian
    My thoughts on the current state of SMCS have been made clear, but I do think it's nice that they're trying to dissociate Messiah from its current Christmas connotations.

It is, after all, an Easter piece through and through.
  • Bumping, as the concert is in a few days. Hope to see some of you there! Rehearsals in the Cathedral with the orchestra have begun and it's going really well.
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    How did it go, CO?
  • canadashcanadash
    I would have liked to have gone, but there was no way I was venturing that far in the crazy ice storm! I hope other people were crazier than I!
  • One of the violists didn't show up, but no problem since we had two of them. A small but energetic audience. A little disappointing for so much work but it was a fun concert. If the weather wasn't so bad the audience size could've been much larger.
  • canadashcanadash
    Oh, I'm sure it would have been much larger! That weather was horrendous!
    Over 40 000 people lost power. There were at least 500 car accidents.
    Ice fell from the CN tower and a whole section of the downtown had to be closed due to falling ice. It caused damage to the baseball stadium cancelling a Jays game.
    Thanked by 1Casavant Organist