Recommendations for YT resources
  • Claire H
    ...for a parishioner who came up to me asking for suggested YouTube links to educate herself on the basics of singing at home. I have been poking around the various vocal "lessons" on YT, but it seems like most of the big channels for that are really focused on a pop-style sound. I would like to be able to point her toward something with general tips for a healthy, in-tune sound rather than the belting. Any suggestions?
  • Recordings of really good choirs. Ensemble singing is fundamentally different from solo singing, whether that's operatic or pop-style or any other solo paradigm.
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • Claire H
    Chris, that is a valid point. In addition to the benefits of watching and hearing recordings of excellent choirs, I do wish there were a few solid video lessons on the basics of healthy tone production as applicable to ensemble singing. You're quite right that tutorials tend to be focused on solo skills (reflective of our idol-driven culture, I suppose?).
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • Carol
    If she is not in your choir, obviously one's voice improves by being in a choir. Have you heard this person sing? Maybe she really wondering about being in the choir, but is timid. Just a thought.