Access to Notitiæ (Cultu Divino)
  • Advent greetings!

Does anyone have access to current and back issues of "Notitiæ" (official periodical of the Cong. for Divine Worship)? I see that there are plans to make it available online, but

There are several Collects for new beati and saints I would like to find: for instance, St Charles of Mount Argus (canonised 2007).

Further, I would greatly appreciate some clarification re: the new collects associated with the ">National Calendar for Ireland. It would seem that there are no Latin originals to these, and were written and promulgated in English, which I thought was rather contrary to the way things are done in the CDW.

Thanks!

Fr Benedict
  • igneusigneus
    Fresh Notitiae are really online.

It would seem that there are no Latin originals to these, and were written and promulgated in English, which I thought was rather contrary to the way things are done in the CDW.

I don't know what's the custom now, but in the seventies and eighties (I was doing some research concerning these) it seems to have been normal to approve Latin and vernacular versions separately, usually vernacular first. And it seems that some poorer conferences of bishops weren't capable of putting the Latin version together at all.
    Thanked by 1dombenedict
  • Thank you, Igneus, for the explanation of the English only collects; much appreciated.

As for the propers of St Charles of Mount Argus, I have a monsignor friend in Rome tracking that down for me.

Thanks again!