• gregpgregp
    After 4 years of borrowing a church from its regular congregation, followed by 4 years of having Mass in a cemetery chapel (which I call the Sauna), our Latin Mass community is going to be allowed to join a regular parish in a real church, and still have our weekly Missa Cantata. This is tentatively planned to begin on Trinity Sunday.

This happened through a surprising set of circumstances. Many, if not most, of you have experienced what when you try to use traditional music in the modern church. We certainly have. So it was unusual, and perhaps a bit of a shock, to find out that our Bishop really pushed for this, and that the Pastor is very open and happy about it. What we have experienced so far from the parish staff is curiosity and welcome.

One might take a suspicious view of the matter, but we will be positive and pray for the best. A group like ours cannot last outside of a regular parish structure indefinitely. I humbly ask for your prayers for us as well.
  • Sounds like a promising development! So glad you will be out of the sauna- you crack me up, Greg!
    Many prayers for the community!
  • tomjaw
    Gregp

We have started EF communities in three Parishes... I have noticed a few things
    1. Most of those that hated the EF seem to have died off, or left the Church.
    2. Most parishioners have never heard of the EF and are curious.
    3. Most parishioners will give you a warm welcome.
    4. Some parishioners will learn to love the EF and join your community.
    5. There will be amazement that the EF community has loads of large families and young men.
    6. They will also notice a disproportionate rise in the collection, always goes down well.
    Thanked by 2gregp StimsonInRehab
  • melofluentmelofluent
    So it was unusual, and perhaps a bit of a shock, to find out that our Bishop really pushed for this, and that the Pastor is very open and happy about it.

Granpa Greg, could you send some of the Monterrey juju and mojo eastward?
    C
    Thanked by 1francis
  • gregpgregp
    Will do, Melo!
  • Great news, Greg! Thoughts and prayers for the future of your congregation.

Coincidentally, another sign of spring this past weekend: for the first time ever, the Bishop of Fresno attended our EF Missa cantata, sitting in choir. This was a very significant moment for the Fresno Latin Mass community.
  • francis
    Beauty will never die. It will be crucified regularly however. Congrats.
  • Lots of good news in the land of fruits and nuts! (I say that as a fifth generation Californian.)
    :)
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • melofluentmelofluent
    ...the Bishop of Fresno attended our EF Missa cantata, sitting in choir. This was a very significant moment for the Fresno Latin Mass community.

Dear colleague and friend Royce, all well and fine. We yet await an exhortation from same ordinary that will amplify that moment on behalf of the whole diocese. That will be the only remedy for the intransigence, indifference and resistance among pastoral clerics in CenCA.